Acro-Gymnastics is a combination of Acrobatics, Tumbling and various disciplines of Gymnastics.
Gymnastics helps children build a range of motor and coordination skills, and assists in developing a sense of body awareness. Participating in hands-on activity can aid a child’s ability to uncover certain strengths that cannot necessarily be addressed in a classroom.
Each week, there will be many activities that help train the kids to develop their physical abilities and ease into these level 1 tumbling skills.
- Cardio Warm-ups
- Stretching / breathing techniques
- Acro Skill Basics / Contortion
- Stunts, Lifts
- Tumbling - LEVEL 1 ( The following list is where we're at. All the listed items will be incorporated into the class, depending on how fast the kids can learn. )
- Forward Tumbling Skills
- Handstand Roll
- Handstand Limber
- Backward Tumbling Skills
- Push up to Bridge
- Backbend from stand to Bridge
- Bridge Kickover from Stand
- Bridge Crawl
- Frisbee Push up Drag
- Left Split
- Right Split
- Middle Split